Some students of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, lost their lives in a multiple road accident The students were said to be travelling home following the sudden mid-semester break given by the school authorities. The students who were travelling in a commercial mass transit bus met their untimely death along the Nsukka-9th Mile express way. It could not be ascertained immediately the actual number of students that died in the accident since there were conflicting reports. An eye witness said up to 20 students may have lost their lives. However, according to the Police Public Relations Officer, Enugu State Police Command, Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement made available to journalists, 3 students lost their lives while five others sustained injuries. According to the statement, “The auto crash involved a diesel truck with number plate AWK 311 XB, which is believed to have lost control as a result of suspected brake failure and hit two buses with number plates UWN 406 XA and UWN 57 XA and also a motorcycle,” It was learnt that the injured students are receiving treatment at the Our Saviour Hospital, 9th Mile Corner, Ngwo, while the dead bodies have been deposited at the mortuary.
- ASARI DOKUBO’S CHALLENGE AND JOE IGBOKWE’S SEARCH FOR RELEVANCE
- The Igbo are gone! Gone! Free!
- Open Letter to the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo of Nigeria
- 2017 Anambra Governorship election: Chudi Offodile, Blessed are those who are Proud to be called Biafrans
- On The Ultimatum to The Igbo to Vacate Northern Nigeria by October 1st 2017: BIAFRA GOVERNMENT IN EXILE RESPONSE